2020 Human Race
April 18th, 2020
The Human Race is a 5k walk/run that allows participants to raise money for their favorite nonprofit (agency, school PTA, church, etc..). The Volunteer Center takes care of all of the planning, and has managed the race since 1994!
**If you are a nonprofit or company team and want to know more about how The Human Race works, Click HERE
The Human Race is a unique way for our community to come together:
- About 100 different nonprofits form teams and recruit members to fundraise for their missions
- Dozens of companies form teams and their employees can choose the cause they are most passionate about
- Anywhere from 3,000-5,000 people come together on race day to celebrate. You will see people of all ages, kids in strollers, folks who use wheelchairs, as well as leashed, friendly dogs.
General Race Info:
Route (subject to change based on construction):
- will include 5k through downtown streets, starting and finishing at LeBauer Park
- will include a short turnaround for those participating but are not able to do the whole distance
Location: LeBauer Park, Downtown Greensboro.
Time: Gates open at 9am, race starts at 10am
The Human Race is RAIN OR SHINE! Join us for a walk, run, or roll around the neighborhood, and then enjoy our famous AFTERPARTY at LeBauer Park including complimentary food from your favorite local restaurants, a children’s area in the park, the dog park for our four-legged friends, music and fun for the whole family!
The 5k is now a TIMED race. **All Participants are required to register. If you don’t plan on running, and you just want to walk with your team or participate in the short turnaround, you still need to register, but it’s a free registration. You will not receive a shirt unless you personally fundraise at least $50.
Every registrant gets a fundraising page. Once you register, you will have your special link and you can share with those who want to support and donate. Leashed, friendly dogs, as well as strollers and wheelchairs, are welcome at the event.
There are several parking decks close to the race kick-off at LeBauer Park including the Church Street Deck and Davie Street Parking. Street Parking is also available in designated spots.
Race Day Schedule:
- 9:00am-9:50am: Gates open, Walkers find teams, turn in last-minute donations, and line up
- 9:50am: Opening Ceremony
- 10am: Fun runners start, immediately followed by the walkers
- 10:30am: The AFTERPARTY begins
- 11:45am: Awards Ceremony
- Awards for Top Fundraising Nonprofits, Top 10 Individual Fundraisers, Top Company Fundraisers and Top runners in age groups.
Would you like to become a sponsor of The Human Race and help us put on the best community wide fundraising event in the Triad? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.