2017 Human Race
April 1st, 2017
For more information, hover over “The Human Race” in the top menu. Choose the option that best describes you (nonprofit, walkers/donors, or company/community team) and click to learn more!
The Human Race is a 5k walk/run that allows participants to raise money for their favorite nonprofit (agency, school PTA, church, etc..). The Volunteer Center takes care of all of the planning, and has managed the race since 1994!
The Human Race is a unique way for our community to come together:
- About 100 different nonprofits form teams and recruit members to fundraise for their missions
- Dozens of companies form teams and their employees can choose the cause they are most passionate about
- About 250 runners (including running clubs and school athletic teams) run the competitive 5K
General Race Info:
The following is 2016 information- please note that layouts might be modified.
Check out our outdoor map HERE!
Location: The Greensboro Coliseum Complex, 1921 Gate City Blvd.
Time: Gates open at 9am, race starts at 10am
Dress up as your favorite superhero, or what a superhero for your nonprofit looks like! More information coming soon on our costume contest.
The Human Race is RAIN OR SHINE! Join us for a walk, run, or roll around the neighborhood, and then enjoy our famous AFTERPARTY in the Special Events Center, including complementary food from Fishers’ Grille, Corner Slice Pizza, Zoe’s Kitchen, Sheetz and Food Express, music and fun for the whole family!
Parking is FREE in the main Coliseum lot!
Leashed, friendly dogs as well as strollers and wheelchairs are welcome at the event.
Race Day Schedule:
- 9:00am-9:50am: Gates open, Walkers find teams, turn in last minute donations, and line up
- 9:50am: Opening Ceremony
- 10am: Runners start, immediately followed by the walkers
- 10:30am: The AFTERPARTY begins
- 11:45am: Awards Ceremony
- Awards for Top Fundraising Nonprofit, Top 10 Individual Fundraisers, Top Company